Makes 12 sweetcorn and cheese muffins your kiddos will absolutely love. This is a guest post by Fab Flour. I’m teaching my kids to bake and cook more now that we’re at home so much more with what’s going on in the world. There’s something so thereupetic about baking: it’s mindful, reassuring and the kids get to eat what they make after too (they’re fave bit)!
Makes 12 muffins
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g pre-grated cheese
- 50g baby spinach, shredded
- 100g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 2 eggs
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 150ml/g milk
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Muffin tin
- Muffin cases x 12
- Measuring spoons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate, cheese, spinach and sweetcorn in the mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, melted butter and milk and mix it all together.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm.
Tip: Don’t have spinach or sweetcorn? Experiment with your favourite fillings – chopped red pepper, onions or cubed ham make for delicious alternatives. You can also add finely chopped chili or chili pepper flakes to add a spicy kick!
Read more recipes in my Food and Drink section.
You can find more Easy Peasy Baking information here: https://fabflour.co.uk/easy-