Brilliant Blog Posts

Welcome to the most empowering and (Sasha) fiercest linky in town!

Yup you’ve guessed it, for this week’s #Brilliantblogposts I am linking up to Queen Bey and my latest post on the First Lady of Pop’s most kick-ass quotes!

queen bey

I’ve always been a huge fan of Queen Bey, and she continues to inspire me to this day- whenever I feel busy with work, I always remind myself of the famous saying, ‘you have exactly the same amount of hours in the day as Beyonce’ (if only I had her staff and budget- #lifegoals though right?!)

Talking of #lifegoals I’m excited to announce that I’m now publishing a daily vlog over on my Honest Mum YouTube Channel where you can follow my blogging adventures, and sweet family time.

I was terribly late to the YouTube party, setting up an account ages ago but never posting. As a TV and film director, I just couldn’t get my head around short videos online as I was used to big crews on set (and that’s despite making digital commercials too)- but over the years spending more time in front of the camera in campaign films and on the box, encouraged me to just go for it.

My husband Peter, camera-shy himself, has been a big driving force in this. He recently encouraged me to get a new Canon G7X which has an awesome flip screen, ideal for vlogging- and I was off!

I’ve popped day 1’s video on the linky too if you fancy a watch and please do subscribe to my channel!

And you know what, the more you practise something and it becomes more natural, the easier it is to speak and simply be yourself on camera. I am absolutely loving it. I really must take my own advice, more often!

…Without further ado this vlog below should entertain you guys, as I get my ‘Nigella’ on for Red Tractor Beef and Lamb’s Mini Roast Cook-off and share an interview with the wonderful actress Fay Ripley (whom I introduce as Tina Fey!). The video also features lots of fab bloggers I got to hang out with in the Big Smoke, many you’ll no doubt recognise. Too much fun, I tell you!

Last but my no means least, we’ve had some incredibly exciting news as my brother’s fiancée Lucy gave birth to little baby Zachary yesterday. Born at just 31 weeks, nearly 32, he is the teeniest bundle of joy but both bambino and mama are doing well and I’m excited to spoil them both rotten.

I hope you guys have had a super week, I can’t wait to check out your posts!

Link up and go spread that beautiful blog love!

Vx

Loading InLinkz ...

Buy my bestselling book in paperback or audio

Mumboss: The Honest Mum's Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home

Available on Amazon or Audible

MUMBOSS by Vicki Psarias

Like what you've read? Then why not follow Vicki on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram

Never Miss A Post!

Subscribe to HonestMum for my weekly email newsletter where I share my new blog posts, blogging tips, event invitations, competitions and news about my new book. I never share your personal data with third parties.

38 Responses

1. Nikki Frank-Hamilton

Vicki, this is so cool. I love seeing what you are up too, you are pretty fearless and it’s fun to watch. You also push me to think more about where I want to be in this world, where I and my blog fit. Thanks so much for sharing and helping the rest of us to become the best version of us we can be!
    Nikki Frank-Hamilton recently posted…#WAYWOW 22 – So Happy It’s Wednesday!!!My Profile

• Honest Mum

Oh Nikki what a touching comment, thank you so much, this has made my day and right when I needed to read this too, thank you and keep being amazing, keep being you x

2. International Elf Service

Such exciting news about baby Zacchary! I do love to hear of new bundles of joy arriving. Gorgeous little miracles, all of them!
    International Elf Service recently posted…Surviving The Clock Change & Last Chance To Win Elfie’s Christmas Letters This Year!My Profile

3. Emma T

How exciting to have a new baby in the family. Hope he’s doing well.

Phew daily vlogging! I’d never cope with that. I can just about keep up with daily blogging.
    Emma T recently posted…The freedom of dance – digging out my modern jive dancing shoesMy Profile

4. Alison

A daily vlog? How on earth do you find the time? I must admit I rarely watch Youtube (too many blogposts to read), but I will give this a watch. And aww, congratulations on the birth of your nephew (and to his parents).
    Alison recently posted…Autism and Independence: Scaring the Crap out of MumMy Profile

5. Karolina

Hi Vicki. Wow, what a commitment! I’m planning to start videos as well but only once every other week to start with. Like you I opened YouTube account ages ago but didn’t have the guts to start recording. I see many bloggers jumping on YouTube which gives the motivation to do it as well. As you said practice makes perfect. Also I heard Grace from DesignSponge saying to conquer fear one must start doing. So I’m starting “the doing” tomorrow. By the way congratulations on your bambino, my daughter was born at 32 weeks too. They are really tiny but fighters for sure. Karolina

6. Debbie

Hi Vicki, congratulations on the arrival of the new bundle of joy, Zachary. A couple of summers back we (me and the children} toyed with YouTube and were totally hopeless at it (although we did have fun! I have no doubt your videos will be much better than ours were.

Thank you for hosting.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…Aspergers Syndrome: Feeling IncludedMy Profile

• Honest Mum

Oh Debbie don’t say that, the whole point of youtube is how immediate and raw it is-would love to see you back there. Hope you enjoy my vlogs xx

7. Babes about Town

Vicki, you are such a natural on camera! I loved this video, grinned all the way through it and felt like I was there with you. Almost there because I want a piece of that lamb baby, looks so tasty. So glad you kept in the intro ‘Tina Fey’ classic, and hey, it’s a compliment too eh? What a fab event, loved seeing some bloggers I know and looks like a really great time. Dadventurer’s baby almost stole the show, but you my dear are born to this. Vlog on! x
    Babes about Town recently posted…The BEST Halloween Kids Events in London!My Profile

• Honest Mum

Aw my love, wish we’d got to meet, next time you are my star of the show. I am loving these daily vlogs and every day I feel more confident, so fab to share snippets of my life and to have these as reminders of what we all got up as the kids get older. Thanks for your confidence in me, always and friendship, love you lady xx

8. Angela at Daysinbed

Thanks for hosting lovely! i’m looking forward to reading your posts

Angela fro daysinbed x
    Angela at Daysinbed recently posted…Human Growth Hormone Deficiency in Adults: My Diagnosis StoryMy Profile

9. Jenny

Love a bit of Bey, well done on the youtube channel, I have an account but my son uses it way more than me! I want to put our bedtime stories on youtube but need a camera. Might experiment! I’ve subscribed to yours. Good luck with it!
    Jenny recently posted…Love 2 read review and Giveaway – WIN the chance to create a personalised book for your child!My Profile

10. Nadia - ScandiMummy

I was watching your vlog earlier. Well done and that lamb looked delicious, you clearly should have won 😉 Thank you again for hosting this fab linky!

Nadia – ScandiMummy x
    Nadia – ScandiMummy recently posted…A GUIDE TO SCANDINAVIAN CHRISTMAS MARKETS IN LONDONMy Profile

11. Sarah

Congratulations on your little nephew, I wish him and his parents all the best! Loved the vlog, looked a great day – must be such fun getting to take part in a cook-off with other bloggers. What you are achieving really is an inspiration to a newbie blogger!
    Sarah recently posted…Edible Fruit ScabsMy Profile

12. Becky at PinksCharming

Ah I’m excited to watch this! And huge congratulations on your nephew! Wonderful news xx
    Becky at PinksCharming recently posted…What Ava did next: her Christmas list, and nins and peedlesMy Profile

13. Lizzie Roles

Huge congratulations on your new baby nephew Vicki, such fab news. He must be dinky if born so early, hope he’s well. I love that quote about Beyonce, so true! I get my inspiration from women like that too, I’m a huge fan of women who work hard and are successful because of it. I’m going to watch your vlog now, you go girl! Linking up for #brilliantblogposts Lizzie xo
    Lizzie Roles recently posted…Little Barwick HouseMy Profile