Those that follow this blog know my great, sometimes obsessive LOVE of make up. I refer to it as my armour, it gives me confidence and helps to hide dark circles from the many sleepless nights I suffer sadly (thanks kids)-making me feel awake on the outside if not in.
Funnily enough lately, due to aforementioned fatigue and the many shoots I’ve had recently, I’ve been going bare-faced a bit more too and it’s liberating. I’ve had compliments on my skin and my eyes and even been told how young I look. Thanks randoms in the street and the woman who ID’ed me in Waitrose.
I won’t be throwing out the make up collection just yet but it’s made me think a lot about embracing the ‘real me’ and feeling happier in my skin (literally)
That’s not to say I don’t still adore dark eyes and a luscious deep berry lip though and nothing says a festive look than that, to me. High octane glamour with Hollywood waves for my hair, this is the style I like to rock come Christmas time.
And of course, this time of year means lots of fabulous family get-togethers (you guys know how glam my family is) and of course birthday celebrations (which are going on all month-might as well milk it huh) and it’s all rather exciting isn’t it?!
I love the ritual of this family all getting dressed up for festive parties and make up is such an important part of that for me.
…When Boots No 7 got in touch asking me to try their latest collection as part of the stunning #TaDah campaign, I literally couldn’t wait to get my hands on it all.
Stylishly packaged products including concealers, foundation, highlighters, eye shadows, lipsticks and new nail gel-look polishes, this collection is sooo me! They also sent over some superb NEW Limited Edition mascaras titled Midnight Lash too that really opened up and emphasised my eyes!
Definitely gave me the #TaDah feel at the end of it and my husband who photographed the shoot said I looked fabulous which was lovely!
So here it is, my Christmas look:
– Blend No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation SPF 15 into skin using my foundation brush and finger tips.
– Concealed where necessary (under eyes and around my nose) with No7 Match Made Concealer.
-Applied No 7 loose powder over my face
– Pressed No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter on to cheekbones for an extra glow.
– Applied No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Coral Flush to the apples of the cheeks with a blusher brush and blended outwards.
– Using the No7 In The Navy Eyeshadow Palette, applied the natural shade over entire lid. I used the shimmery shade to highlight the inner corners of the eyes and under the brow bone.
– Lined the top lash line and tear line with No7 Stay Perfect Amazing Eyes Pencil in Deepest Blue, blending into the lash line. It is blue/ nearly black and I loved it.
The first time I have deviated from black and it really adds some edge. I’d strongly recommend going for this!
-Added 2 coats of No7 Lash Impact Mascara in Black which helped exaggerate my lashes and add impact to my look.
I then lightly brushed No7 Gold Christmas Highlighter Palette on the cheekbones for a polished sheen. As I’m olive skinned it carried all of the above really well but fairer complexions might want to choose between the three.
I also added some Natural Blush Cream in Maple Silk too.
– Filed and buffed nails then applied a coat of No 7 Stay Perfect Base Coat.
– Once dry, applied two coats of No7 Stay Perfect Patent Navy, again a nearly black shade I fell in love with. A mixture of black/blue and almost purple, I will be alternating between this and No7 Nail Gel Look Shine Nail Polish in Golden Sands this Christmas.
– Completed the manicure with No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat.
Thanks No 7 for making me feel FABULOUS!
Have you tried No 7 before?
Linking up to Share With Me.