Thanks to Wing Yip for this recipe.
Black Sesame and Chocolate Banana Loaf
Makes 8 mini loaves
- 50g butter, softened plus 2tbsp to grease the loaf tins
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 80g caster sugar
- 40g plain flour
- 40g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coco powder
- 50g white chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°c. Grease and line with greaseproof paper 8 mini loaf tins.
- Lightly mash the banana with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add the milk, egg and sugar to the banana and mix.
- Using a sieve, add the flours and baking powder to the banana and mix well.
- Using an electric spice grinder, mill 2 tbsp of the black sesame seeds into a fine powder.
- Divide the loaf batter into two bowls and add the black sesame powder to just one of the bowls along with the cocoa powder.
- Add each loaf batter to the loaf tins alternating to create a marble effect until the loaf tins are just over half full.
- When all loaf tins have been filled, place them onto a baking tray and bake in the pre-heated oven for 15- 20 minutes or until a skewer when inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes and then carefully remove the loaves from the tins and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To decorate, melt the white chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the cooled loaves and then sprinkle over the remaining 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds.
- Leave for 15 minutes before serving to allow the white chocolate to cool.
Check out the Matcha Shortbread Ice Cream Sandwiches here.