The classic British dessert of crumble is one of my all-time favourite sweet treats.
The ultimate comfort food, it’s perfect for these cold winter months and I love the fact that it’s super simple to make at home too.
I rustle up a big batch for the entire family – ensuring there’s always enough for seconds. Well, it would be rude not to, right?
The secret to an amazing crumble is choosing great quality ingredients.
Fruit that is packed full of flavour with natural sweetness that works wonderfully against the buttery crumble.
All of the ingredients for this crumble are from Iceland, using fruit from their ‘chilled and fresh’ aisles.
Hands-down one of the tastiest crumbles I’ve ever baked!
Apple and Pear Crumble with Custard
Ingredients (serves 8)
For the crumble
- 160g Butter (Golden Cow Butter)
- 260g Allinson Mix ‘n’ Bake Plain Flour
- 50g Whitworths Demerara Sugar
For the filling
- 6 Farmer’s Market Braeburn Apples, sliced
- 4 Farmers Market Conference Pears, sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 170g honey (Summer Farm Pure Natural Blossom Honey)
- 400g Ambrosia Devon Custard, cooked according to packet instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degree C
- Grease a large oven proof dish with a small knob of butter
- Add apples, pears and honey to the baking dish and cover with the honey and water, making sure the fruit is well covered. Bake for 10 minutes
- In a separate large bowl, rub together the butter and flour using your fingers to create breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and spoon onto the fruit mixture ensuring it is completely covered
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Serve warm with with custard
A hug in a bowl. Yummy!