This quick, easy prawn dish is bursting with flavour and makes for a healthy lunch or dinner. My kids are obsessed with prawns so love this flavoursome dish (I use a sprinkle of chilli for them) and it also makes a great starter or main with rice noodles or brown basmati rice too.
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 tbsp oil (sesame/ rapeseed/groundnut/mild olive)
- 2 tbsp ancho chilli flakes (or less if you don’t want it as hot)
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g large raw prawns (fresh or frozen, defrosted)
- 4x 100g bags of courgetti or spiralize your own
- 2 large broccoli chopped
Create a marinade with the rice wine, soya sauce, oil, chilli, coriander and garlic and add the prawns, covering them with the oil. Cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight for a more intense flavour. I love the kick the chillies bring!
Add oil of your choice to a large frying pan/ wok and cook until hot. Add the prawns in and cook through. In another pan add oil and fry the broccoli and courgetti. Plate up and add the prawns on top.
Eat with rice noodles or rice.