It’s a pleasure to welcome Ciara from the fabulous My Fussy Eater to the blog.
Over to Ciara.
I’m really excited to be guest posting for Vicki today here on Honest Mum.
As a busy Mum to two young kids, I know how easy it is to run out of snack time inspiration for your family. I’m all too often guilty of giving them the same things day in day out and it can be even harder at this time of year when they are home for the summer holidays. Trying to think of new snack ideas that aren’t full of junk can be really difficult, especially if you are dealing with some very picky eaters like I am!
So today I’m going to share a recipe for a delicious and healthy snack that the kids will absolutely love my 3 Ingredient Chocolate Pancakes.
These pancakes have just three very simple ingredients; bananas, eggs and cocoa powder.
They’re gluten, dairy and nut free, making them ideal for families dealing with allergies. They are also refined sugar-free. The ripe bananas give the pancakes a natural sweetness but you can also add some honey or maple syrup for an extra sweet flavour if you wish.
If you would like to see more simple and healthy snack ideas for kids head over to the recipe section of my website.
I have also recently published an ebook devoted solely to snacking; ‘50 Healthy Homemade Snacks For Kids‘. In it you will find this pancake recipe plus 49 other snacks ideas that are not only easy and kid-friendly, but nutritious too, helping to make summer snack that bit easier for you this year!
3 Ingredient Chocolate Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- to serve: chopped fruit
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
2. Rub a little oil or butter onto a frying pan and add a small ladle of the pancake batter to the pan. You should be able to cook 3 pancakes at a time.
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the pancake is starting to brown. Flip and cook for another minute on the other side.
4. Serve immediately with chopped fruit.