A few weeks ago saw me working out with my Dad, aka Papa G, boxing and lifting weights together.
It was the first time ever that my Dad had switched up his exercise routine, trying something new, having always stuck to the safety of gym machines over getting out in the open.
Whilst he loves a good old walk, he admitted to never lifting weights or boxing in the garden as it just wasn’t something that had occurred to him.
I’m pleased to report he had the best time pushing himself out of his comfort zone, as you can see from the film below.
Not only was it a fun way to exercise, but it was a sweet father-daughter bonding session too.
He might drive me bonkers at times but he never fails to make me laugh!
So why were we boxing together anyway?
We were taking part in WE100, a new global initiative from Merck Consumer Health whose aim is to prepare society to live 100 healthy years.
WE100 hopes to encourage people of all ages to try something new for the first time, and in doing so, support their mental and physical health well into old age. They believe that consistently trying new things aids longevity, and it makes total sense to me and Papa G.
Keeping your brain active and stimulated, eating well and moving more is my own family’s ethos and I come from a long line of oldies! My longest living family members from my Grandma Vikentia who lived until 96 to her grandmother who died at 110 (although some members dispute it at 108!!!) ate well, got lots of fresh air and exercise, and certainly weren’t afraid to try new things be it travelling the world or taking on challenges both at home and at work.
They were strong ladies indeed.
They would have loved this challenge.
Thanks to it, Dad has felt inspired to keep trying new things and has tried his hand at golf and after not playing squash for years, had a game with a friend recently, too.
He now encourages everyone to try something new, to feel alive and live their best life! Papa G is such a sweetie!
If you want to get some more inspiration and encourage your own folks to try something new then head to www.facebook.com/WE100.
Now, excitingly to celebrate this campaign and to encourage the older people in your life to push themselves more, I’m giving away 3 months of Seven Seas Perfect 7 Woman and Perfect 7 Man (3 x 30 capsules Woman = 3 month’s supply, 3 x 30 capsules Man = 3 month’s supply worth £31.47 per 3 month supply).
Perfect 7 Woman:
Their experts have identified 7 key needs for women and developed those into Perfect7 Woman, a combination specifically designed to support you from the inside. Perfect7 is a blend of Natural Source Marine Oil with Omega-3 plus essential multivitamins and minerals. The special formula provides effective absorption of nutrients in your body’s cells to support you from the inside as you get older.
Perfect 7 Man:
Seven Seas have also identified 7 key needs for men and developed those into Perfect7 Man, a combination specifically designed to support you from the inside.
Perfect7 is a blend of Natural Source Marine Oil with Omega-3 plus essential multivitamins and minerals. The special formula provides effective absorption of nutrients in your body’s cells to support you from the inside as you get older.
Terms & Conditions:
• These terms and conditions apply to the WE100 competition hosted on the Honest Mum blog website to win a three month supply of Seven Seas products and referred to as (the “Prize”).
• The promotor of the competition is Seven Seas Limited, Bedfont Cross, Stanwell Road, Feltham, TW14 8NX (“Promotor”).
• The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promotor and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
• Route to entry for the competition/giveaway and details of how to enter are via the social media platforms on which the competition/giveaway is posted.
• There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition/giveaway.
• By entering this competition/giveaway, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and he/she is warranting that he/she is aged 18 years or over.
• Only one entry per social media platform will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
• Closing date for entry will be 7 days after the date of competition/giveaway announcement. Alternatively the closing date will be specified in each social media platform. After the closing date, no further entries will be permitted or accepted.
• The Prize will be supplied and delivered by the Promoter or third party, in accordance with the winning entrant’s delivery instructions. The Promotor accepts no responsibility or liability in relation to the Prize.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason and the Promotor reserves the right to cancel or amend any competition/giveaway and/or these terms and conditions without notice.
• The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate Prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
• The Prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is not transferable. Any Prize is subject to availability and the Promotor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
• Winners will be chosen at random.
• The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promotor reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
• The Promoter or third party will notify the winner when and where the Prize can be collected / will be delivered.
• The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition /giveaway will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the winner or the entrant’s prior consent. With the winner’s consent, his or her personal details shall be passed to any connected third party in order to arrange collection or delivery of the prize and such consent shall allow the third party to contact the winner is order to do so.
• This competition/giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform.
• The competition/giveaway and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Competition ends June 22nd 2017.
This is a sponsored post.