What makes this recipe so special though is the fact it merges my two most favourite cuisines: Greek and Italian (my family own both Greek and Italian restaurants although they never mix the cuisines. This dish proves it could work)! I omit the cheese as I’m vegan but the rest of the family loves this as is.
Don’t worry about the chilli either, remove it if you don’t like it or you’re worried about the kids. I pretty much like chilli on my cornflakes so can’t get enough of the stuff!
I try and always opt for wholewheat pasta for a healthier alternative to the white stuff. Not only is this dish high in fibre, but it’s also a source of vitamin E, vitamin B and healthy fats.
Rather pretty too, don’t you think?!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 300g whole wheat fusilli pasta.
- 100g feta, cubed
- 2 red chillies, sliced finely (less if cooking for children)
- Large handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions
- Drain and serve into large bowls
- Top with feta, chillies and basil
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Simple, easy and delicious, I hope you get to make this soon.