A heart-lover, all year round, not just on Valentine’s, I baked round cookies, brushed them with melted chocolate, waited until they cooled, then cut them into hearts but you could do the cutting when they are in the dough form, and pre-chocolate. It’s entirely up to you!
Ingredients: (I used all ingredients from Iceland)
- 150g Cadbury’s Bournville Classic Dark Chocolate (you can use milk chocolate if you prefer)
- 125g Butter (Golden Cow Butter)
- 150g honey (Summer Farm Pure Natural Blossom Honey).
- 1 egg
- 150g Allison Mix ‘n’ Bake Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 190°C.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt the butter in the microwave then add and mix in the honey. Melt the chocolate in a bain marie or the microwave and add to the runny mixture.
- Crack the egg into the mixture and whisk in well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Line a large baking tray with grease proof paper or grease the tray with butter.
- Spoon out tablespoon sized amounts of mixture onto the tray, allowing for space as the biscuits increase during baking.
- Bake for approx 8 minutes until they are golden.medium dark brown (the chocolate mixture means they could be darker in colour. You can place a fork or skewer in the middle and if it is clean on removal, they are baked through) .
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and cover each biscuit round.
- Cut with the heart cookie cutters and serve.
My kids gobbled these up, as did we. Delicious!
Iceland has also got an offer where if you buy 1 starter, 2 main meals and 1 dessert, you’ll receive a free bottle of Prosecco*.
- Salmon and Prawn Shells £1.99
- Cheese Soufflé x2 £1.99
- King Prawn Alfredo £2.59
- Steak Chianti Ragu £2.59
- Cottage Pie £2.59
- Fish Pie £2.59
- Melt in the Middle Puddings x 4 £2.49
- Crème Brulee x2 £2.49
- Prosecco £6.79
- Rose Prosecco £6.79
This is a commissioned post for Iceland. To read more about the partnership and to enter a competition to win £500 of vouchers, click HERE.