This seafood risotto (Risotto Ai Frutti Di Mare) I’m told is flavoursome and filling I’m told and will wow your guests (even your little ‘guests’)! My kids love this!
I’m vegan so make a vegan alternative swapping to plant based alternatives.
- 900ml of fish stock (they make theirs with whole fish, bay leaf, fennel, carrots and wine-similar recipe HERE, shop bought is fine if low on time)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 400g of risotto rice
- 125ml white wine
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 12 raw king prawns, peeled
- 12 mussels, shelled
- 12 clams
- 40g of butter/ dairy free spread
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- parsley, roughly chopped for garnishing
In a large pan, warm the fish stock on a medium heat. In another large, deep saucepan, add the olive oil, shallots, garlic, chilli and bay leaf. Cook on a low heat for approx 5 minutes so the onion is soft but not brown.
Add the rice, onions, garlic and chilli into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the rice is coated in oil and translucent. Then, add the wine and saffron along with 1 ladle of fish stock stirring it through. When the rice has absorbed the stock, add another ladle and continue until the rice is al dente (creamy with a bite).
Beat the butter into the rice and add the prawns, mussels and clams. Discard any of the latter whose shells don’t open when cooked.
Season with salt and pepper.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the dish, plate into bowls or dishes and garnish with parsley.