We’re a household of fish and seafood lovers here and one of our favourite recipes is this mouth-watering, heart-warming prawn and salmon teriyaki broth with noodles.
Light and flavoursome, this ramen like broth is also incredibly easy to make – making it the perfect mid-week dinner for busy parents like us!
I love the quintessential Oriental flavouring of teriyaki dishes, combing rich hues of soy sauce with a wonderful sweetness for full-on flavour.
I also had to share this ‘behind the scenes’ peak of our food shoot! My husband Peter take all the wonderful food photos that you see on this blog – a real family affair!
Prawn and Salmon Teriyaki Broth with Noodles
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 750ml boiling hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned and boneless
- 50g of rice noodles
- 200g cooked king prawns
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and ginger, saute for 3 – 5 minutes minutes until the garlic turns a golden brown.
- Add the vegetable stock, teriyaki sauce and fish sauce. Gently lower the salmon fillets into the broth and turn down the heat. Simmer for 4 – 6 minutes until the salmon is cooked.
- Remove the salmon and leave to one side. Bring the broth back to the boil and add the noodles. Heat according to packet instructions
- Finally, add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the salmon in bowls and pour the broth and noodles over each dish.
- Finish with sesame seeds and freshly chopped coriander.
Let me know if you try it!