No Christmas is complete without tucking into the classic festive cocktail, The Snowball and the recipe is below is the ‘Improved Snowball’ so it’s unmissable!
Now the good folk at Portobello Road Gin have taken the drink to the next level by sharing their recipe to make your very own gin Advocaat!
The super simple recipe is below and makes a whole bottle so you can ensure the whole family (not the kids, obvs) are suitably tipsy come Dec 25th!
I’m a recent gin-convert having attended the opening of Portobello Road Gin’s brand new gin hotel (yes folks you heard right – gin hotel!) so will definitely be making a batch, this Christmas!
And don’t forget you can enjoy enter my fab competition to win a bottle of Portobello Road Gin’s limited edition ‘smokey gin’ here.
Ingredients (Makes one bottle)
- 12 egg yolks
- 300g caster sugar
- Seeds from 2 vanilla pods
- 525mls Portobello Road Gin
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar with the vanilla seeds for about 3 minutes until very pale and thick.
- Pour in the gin while whisking until the ingredients are emulsified.
- Take a large metal bowl and place over a pan of simmering water, heat the egg mix, whisking until thickened so it coats the back of a spoon. It is very important not to overheat or the mix will split.
- Finally stir in the vanilla essence and allow to cool, then bottle and store in the fridge.
- Now you’re ready to make your drink:
- Mix equal parts of Gin Advocaat with cloudy lemonade in a Champagne Saucer and garnish with a cherry and a chocolate truffle.