Sometimes finding healthy breakfast ideas can get a bit tiresome, there’s only so many ways to eat an egg that will satisfy right, so I decided to get back to basics, being originally Greek Cypriot, creating a Greek yoghurt breakfast pot to get me excited about brekkie again!
So I flung together my favourite flavour combinations: chocolate, coconut and creamy, thick yoghurt to create a breakfast style pot. Oh with a strawberry on top!
It’s the same photo by the way but with different backgrounds as I couldn’t pick my favourite!
Granola is so quick and easy and you can pop it in a sealed container and it can last for a week or two, plus my kids love it (win, win unless you know, you want it all for yourself 😉 )
Granola (makes 15 servings)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey (or more maple syrup if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (70% and above)
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 300g rolled oats
- Greek Yoghurt or Coconut Yoghurt (3/4 of a 500g pot for 2 servings)
- Sprinkling of desiccated coconut
- Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey, cocoa powder, cinnamon and oats in a large bowl.
- Place on 2 baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes then stir and bake for another 5-10 checking it doesn’t burn.
Once cooled place at the bottom of a glass then add yoghurt and a sprinkling of coconut, alternating until you reach the top. Dust with more coconut and add a strawberry on top.
Delicious, healthy and high in protein and slow releasing carbs. The perfect breakfast!