Sometimes finding healthy breakfast ideas can get a bit tiresome, (there’s only so many ways to eat an egg that will satisfy right?!) but fear not as I’ve decided to get back to basics (and my roots) rustling up Greek yoghurt breakfast pot to get me excited about brekkie again!
I flung together my favourite flavour combinations here: chocolate, coconut and creamy, thick yoghurt to create a breakfast-style pot. Oh with a strawberry on top!
It’s the same photo by the way but with different backgrounds as I couldn’t pick my favourite!
Granola is so quick and easy and you can pop it in a sealed container and it can last for a week or two, plus my kids love it (win, win unless you know, you want it all for yourself 😉 )
Granola (makes 15 servings)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey (or more maple syrup if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (70% and above)
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 300g rolled oats
- Greek Yoghurt or Coconut Yoghurt (3/4 of a 500g pot for 2 servings)
- Sprinkling of desiccated coconut
- Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey, cocoa powder, cinnamon and oats in a large bowl.
- Place on 2 baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes then stir and bake for another 5-10 checking it doesn’t burn.
Once cooled place at the bottom of a glass then add yoghurt and a sprinkling of coconut, alternating until you reach the top. Dust with more coconut and add a strawberry on top.
Delicious, healthy and high in protein and slow releasing carbs. The perfect breakfast!