Carrot and coriander soup is a classic, delicious soup the entire family will love.
Here, I wanted to share my Dad, award winning chef and restaurateur George Psarias’ recipe as I always make carrot and coriander soup his way-the super easy and super tasty way!
This is such a vibrant, healthy and wholesome soup, it makes the ideal light lunch, or a tasty starter at a dinner party. We’ve even enjoyed it at Christmas dinner before.
I love the sweetness of the carrots against the fragrant coriander – it’s a taste sensation, and I know this soup is one you’ll make time and time again.
Carrot and Coriander Soup
Ingredients (make 4 portions)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato peeled and chopped
- 450g carrots, washed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1.2 litre vegetable stock
- Single cream and fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan
- Add the onion, potato, carrots and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes until they begin to soften
- Stir in the coriander, salt and pepper seasoning and then vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until the carrots are tender
- Pour the mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Return to the pan to reheat.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of cream and a sprig of fresh coriander
Delicious with buttered wholemeal/gluten-free rolls for dunking.